Saturday, February 26, 2011

News... u missed! I have a Bible packing DG girl!

Well, it's not really news u missed! It is more like news I failed to post while going offline for 2 months! My dd was chosen to be featured in Discovery Girls Magazine! Just days before heading to Oklahoma to our new home away from home we went to New Orleans for her photo shoot! It went great! She was photographed with 11 other girls chosen from Louisiana.  So look for her in the issue featuring girls from Louisiana (going out on the newsstands in May). This will be the June/July Issue! & well... I just can't wait! She'll be the long haired sweetheart holding her Bible in her profile shot!
It was sooo funny b/c she said they tried taking pictures of her without her Bible, and she was worried they would use a shot of her without it instead of with it, so she kept looking away with every snap when she didn't have her Bible in her hand! They may have just needed extra pictures for other reasons, but she wasn't taking any chances! That's my baby-girl! Be a witness! Show off The Word of God and be proud you are a Christian! :)

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I will DEFINITELY be on the look out!! It's sooo wonderful when our CHILDREN stand up and stand out for Christ! That just means you and your husband have done an AWESOME job teaching them! May God always bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) We are really excited! It's not too much longer! Anywayzzz... I've been gone, or I would have approved your post a lot sooner! Got to get settled in here at our new home away from home, but soon as I do... I'll be doing some blog hopping and hop over and meet you via your blog!
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete