Thursday, July 22, 2010

BOMBarded by School Work!

We received our homeschool materials Tuesday evening right at the end of dinner. My mom is out of town, so I had invited my dad to come have a good home-cooked meal with us. The boys and the men were still raking in the food, but definitely slowing down! They probably would have been done at this point had they stopped talking about everything under the sun! The UPS man came rolling up the drive just as I was excusing myself from the table. I grinned from ear to ear & looked at my kiddos letting out a loud “wahoo”! I then joked that since the materials were here, we could just go ahead and start school! ha ha!
My little guy didn’t like that idea very much, I suppose! umm…go figure! lol! As my daughter and I trotted excitedly outside to get the materials from the UPS man, the wheels were just a turning in that little mind! He got a grumbly look on his face, rolled his eyes, let out a long, exaggerated groan, and then that grumbly face switched to a mischievous grin! In a fit of giggles, he told his daddy and paw paw that he wished he had a stick of dynamite! Everyone was laughing pretty good when I came back in the door! My hubby informed me our ds wanted a stick of dynamite! Sadly, I didn’t quite get it! I couldn’t imagine why a 6 year old would need a stick of dynamite and why in the world that would be so funny! My husband went on… “Well, I’m thinking it is to blow up those boxes ya got there!” rofl! Way 2 much Looney Tunes episodes with “TNT”, ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment