Monday, December 20, 2010

Scrooge or the Grinch that Stole Christmas?

I am trying so hard to bite my tongue! I really need gather up and utilize those "Fruits of the Spirit" right now something fierce!!! I will control myself, but I seriously want to write a letter to the editor of our local newspapers (both on & off post) to share a true "Scrooge" story of a company contracted to work for Fort Polk! Fort Polk-- a post known to go the extra mile putting families first as best as the United States Military can possibly do! I know this because I used to work as a Family Readiness Support Assistant (FRSA) on post and was most impressed by what Fort Polk had to offer for families and the lengths they went in order to reach out, support, and aide families in all facets of military life.

I just can't seem to comprehend how a company, affiliated with Fort Polk, could be so heartless as to let an employee go 10 days before Christmas over coding he overlooked because he wasn't trained to recognize such errors! I could see if it was malicious or benefited him somehow, but it did not! It was an honest mistake!  People who know my husband know he wouldn't dare purposefully do something to jeopardize his job, his reputation, or his family!

I am speaking of a hardworking father of 3, a Sunday school teacher to Pre-K & K students, an outreach leader who spends two weekends each month trying to reach lost souls by knocking doors, handing out tracts, & placing flyers on cars!! .... a church going, God fearing family man who has worked on and off post for several years, grew up living on Fort Polk as an army brat, and continued his life here in the Vernon Parish community even after his father retired both as a SGM & a civil service employee! Since that time, he laid his father to rest as an honored solider serving his country! With that being said, my husband only has the utmost respect for our nations military,  Fort Polk, and all those affiliated with ensuring the post's mission.

I just feel like he has truly been cheated! There were many a time he had to meet with human resources for this employee & that employee accused of misconduct on large and small scales (to include individuals not even showing up for work)!!! and only for what? a slap on the wrist or a transfer to another section/shop!! Verbal warnings, written warnings, and the like were given out, but oh... firing is a last resort!

There was no three strikes and your out for my dh! There was no written reprimand/warning, nor was there even a verbal reprimand/warning! Just bam... 10 days b4 Christmas... we're letting you go! Today! Not tomorrow! Not a week from now! Today! 10 days b4 Christmas! Turn in your cell phone & give us your CAC! & btw they were more than happy to walk out to my dh's vehicle and scrape off his post decal!

Come to think of it, how do we know what they did with his CAC ?! Could it have fallen into the wrong hands? Could someone use it to get unauthorized access to the computer that was assigned to him? What other things can be done with a CAC while out of ones possession? I believe he should have had the right to personally return his CAC to in/out processing on post w/out it being passed among hands! Anyway... I'm just thinking... 

I'm also thinking...How heartless!!! -- a company that doesn't care if this job is the sole source of support for a family of 5 where the wife home-schools the kids and doesn't work outside the home b/c that would be next to impossible to do while homeschooling 3 kids in 3 different grades!

Umm... I also can't figure out whether this should be a Scrooge or the Grinch that Stole Christmas story?  He was let go 10 days before Christmas!!! Does that sound like Merry Christmas?

And... would you call it fair to let an employee go with no warning or even counseling for a mistake when, like explained above, ... time and time again, my husband witnessed employees shuffled from one section/shop to another b/c firing was a last resort?!

Seems odd...Only one (1) person is let go after signing off on something the worker initially mis-coded and his two (2) supervisors signed off on! --- that's four (4) people who all made the same mistake!!!  & again... worth mentioning... no training for anyone in the coding/recognizing coding errors, but yet my dh should have caught it!?

'n I probably should mention he's been with this company for a while! they've been doing this the same way all along! If there was a mistake, don't you think the company should have caught it a bit sooner and made sure employees were properly trained?

Um... I think they are getting trained now but idk! rumor is there are signs on how to properly code being posted around the office but again I still don't know that for sure! Doesn't really help my dh though-- does it?

Well... just me ranting! Sometimes I feel completely at peace with things, and other times I get like I am right now and think... injustice!!! ugh!

I do have the satisfaction of knowing what goes around comes around! lol! jk! but really now... what keeps me from falling apart is the Lord! I've the faith in knowing that God will take care of our family and the surety that He has some divine plans in store! I am thankful for how He has always taken care of us! oh the blessings!! I know He will never leave us nor forsake us! We've got so much to thank Him for even in the hard times!! We can never forget that!!

Even still... I would greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't mind... keep us in your prayers! Thanks tremendously! Hoping you all have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. A friend of mine just returned to Louisiana from Colorado. Her husband was recently deployed from Fort Polk. She has a home on base, but she and her 4 children spend most of their time here(Suberb of New Orleans), because our church is the church where she grew up. I will have to tell her about your blog.

    The second thing I would like to say is this:

    Be still and know that He is God and don't fret, because all things work for the good.

    I know you've heard it before, but it's worth saying again and again until you believe it with all of your heart.
    Love& Prayers,
    Your Sister in the Lord

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I very much appreciate your comment! Do feel free to share my blog with your friend! Maybe when she's this way again, she can visit our church! We'd love to have her family in church with us!
    Blessings,
    jC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really sorry for these hard times and hope things get better very soon. I'll send a little prayer.

    All the best,

    Clay

    http://www.tantrumstroublesandtreasures.blogspot.com

    twitter: @claylauren2001

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks bunches, Clay! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete