Thursday, September 23, 2010

I joined Bloggy Moms!

Okay... I did it! I joined Bloggy Moms. Just fair warning , though...

1. I'm not an an avid blogger. Maybe the addiction will come later, but I can't really seem to find a time that I can get on here 'n type, totally uninterrupted, 'n actually have organized thought... um... ppl w/kids definitely know what I mean! I am actually struggling to get a moment in to type this!

2. I don't always like to capitalize things. I tend to not capitalize the first word of a sentence and I tend to use a small "i" in the middle of a sentence when it should be "I"... 'n to be honest i really don't know how that started! except it was an accident-- i was lazy hitting the shift key when I was fb'n from my phone and it totally irritated my cousins husband! so i started doing it purposefully... (giggle)! now sometimes I just miss the shift out of habit.

3. I am not so good with spelling or maybe it is that I type so incredibly fast that I miss letters. idk, but be prepared to find typos... lots of em, too. 'n again, I do type crazy fast, so fair warning if you ever want to chat online. I can throw an entire book up on the screen before you get the last response I sent you read and it will seem like you are scrolling for eternity.

4. I don't necessarily like to use complete/correct sentence structure as I have a tendency to just throw out thoughts when I fb or blog... and well, my thoughts aren't edited with grammar check! :)

5. As you can see already, I tend to use "..." a lot! Well basically to explain this... it's just a pause! Either I paused and daydreamed a moment, paused for emphasis, or I ran out to rescue the bird from the cat! lol! btw... this has happened! That bird is so lucky to be alive! I am a hero! Why do ppl who own birds think they also should own cats???

6. I am a certified teacher with a BA & MA, and I did teach English as well as several other subjects. So you may find that one day I just so happen to slap up a blog that looks like a literary work of art. Not likely though! :) I did make an A in Advanced Comp in college, so just b/c I don't always conform to the conventions of writing while blogging... doesn't mean I am uneducated!  I enjoy writing, though I don't particularly like formal compositions.  Blogging makes life interesting... or should I say, it makes writing interesting.

7. My kids do crazy things sometimes... I may post something on here that you really wished I hadn't shared. For example... a very long time ago one of my kids dropped an apple in the toilet which completely clogged it up in the s-curve of the toilet (i am no plumber, so I know that's not what it's called but u get the idea)! At first no one would tell me what was blocking the toilet. I didn't think calling a plumber was of great importance after my oldest informed me that my youngest had dropped an apple in the toilet then flushed it. My dh was working off, and I thought... I can handle this. I got my dad to help me take that toilet up. I then got in there with an old knife, and I started cutting that apple apart while it was still up inside the toilet! Low and behold the apple started tumbling out piece by piece, and I was so proud I had conquered this without my man! lol! Little did I know that all the while I was dislodging the grand prize. See... my darling kids failed to inform me that one them had decided to do his/her business in the toilet before announcing the apple clogged the toilet . So atop my handful of apple, you can imagine what I discovered.  umm.... yep... it was most gross! but my dad laughed his head off! 'n so did my husband when I called him!

8. I love my kids, think they are awesome, but I am not afraid to get on to them. I believe in time-out, grounding, and spanking if necessary. I am not the foo-foo parent who will tell a kid something fifty times... "Now lil Johnny don't go in the street, now johnny I told you... don't go in the street, johnny ... get out of the street! Johnny do I have to tell you again... go to time out! Now johnny, get out of the street!!!" I live on a major highway, and I did once spank my lil one's bum all the way up the drive way! You can call it abuse if you want, but I call it love. I would much rather you foo-foo parents think I am abusive, than my going outside every day and staring at a spot on the hwy where an 18-wheeler tore through and made bits of my baby. Once is all it takes and your entire life to be shattered. Once was all it took with that spanking, too, and it wasn't detrimental to the lil guy or to our family! He never went out the gate again, and I've never regretted those spats on the bum!

9. I have attitude... I may vent a little from time to time...like when I am in town and I see people who allow their kids to scream and throw down at the store, and then buy them a toy to shut them up! Um... I think that is a reward for bad behavior! Isn't it?

10. Last but not least-- I will talk about God, post prayer requests, and share a scripture or two, or three. If my memory is good, or if I took notes... I may share an entire sermon with you if it really spoke to my heart.  iLuv to talk about God and all the good things He's done in my life!

apple initials

2 comments:

  1. Jsut had to give a hello out as I am also in Louisiana. Am wasting time in my typing class as I am finished with all my work and we get to do whatever when we finish. Go BLOGGING! Apostolic Blogging! And, SMART APOSTOLICS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jason! Thanks for the hello! I'm new, so I wasn't expecting any comments! :0) I'm mucho excited! & I am sooo very happy to have an APOSTOLIC Blog buddy! Hugz 'n God Bless!

    ReplyDelete