Friday, September 3, 2010

Relax!!!

Uh... is there really such a thing? Some days I wonder if I am pushing my perfectionistic attitude onto my children. It really is a curse. I know where I learned it... my own parent, and now, ... ugh.  Can I break the wheel?  No, I don't want slackers, but I really do want my kids to enjoy life at least a tiny bit more than I have! I've got a schedule and I am pretty headstrong about keeping it... but this morning my lil guy, 6 yrs old, got up when his daddy got up to get ready for work 'n wanted to get his work done so he could have the day off! I almost wanted to tell him no b/c ... WE HAVE A SCHEDULE... that wd just totally throw me off, ya know! but his enthusiasm to get to work, get done, and just relax and have fun... Well, you have got to envy that! So he drug his chair over from his desk, and pulled it up to my teacher table and got started. He has been working pretty diligently since 6:15 this morning! I decided to get on the computer and do a few things, my back to him. I spun around to discover something all too precious! I guess it was just way too early for school work. Bless his heart... he tried, though! I got to give him that!

No comments:

Post a Comment