Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What's wrong with my kids???

I took great measures to redo my entire schedule (btw iLuv schedules 'n iLuv to stick to them, so this was hard)! I had to do something, though! My 14 yo couldn't seem to stay awake for much of anything unless he was working on tasks with me or he was outside swing a baseball bat. Reading a small passage of science or doing a puzzle for health in the morning hours was sure to act as an instant sedative! It was almost as if I had to stay right on top of him to get anything accomplished! There is only so many times you can flick ur teenager on the ear... you'd think it might just be a wee bit sore by now! lol!

So the new schedule is done and we started it Tuesday. I am used to rising early thus I feel like sleeping late is such a waste, but if that's how my kids are wired...well, there isn't much I can do! I've got to go with what works best for them! In doing this my hopes are that the kids will enjoy the extra bit of sleep in the morning, the allotted free time, gaming rewards, and the individualized PE time (w/activities to suit their individual interests). My other hope is that by my breaking everything up, we could possibly accomplish more w/less fuss!  Oh, 'n we have also incorporated more family time! I have been riding bikes with the kids in the morning after breakfast (if they are quick to get their chores done). DH has since pulled out his own bike and has been working on it. I think he plans on joining us for our evening rides. That's a bonus b/c he and I both could use the extra exercise! 'n well, everyone can use the family time!

But back to my point-- Here I go giving them all this extra free/fun time 'n... ??? Today, my two older kids scarfed down lunches, went outside and rode their bikes at the noon break, and then they came back in 15 mins early without a word... AND started doing their school work!!!! Have they lost it? or am I imagining this?

No comments:

Post a Comment