Thursday, September 30, 2010

Overcoming PhotoshopAphobia

Between teaching the kids, doing the laundry, cooking the means, and keeping the house in order, I know we moms find it rather hard to squeeze in the time to learn something for ourselves. We're never to old to learn, though. This past few days I vowed to do just that! I wanted to build a background for my blog. I had finally got over what I like to call PhotoshopAphobia and built a really basic background image, but I wanted a little more bling so to speak. Next, I built my "signature" apple. Following that I worked on a header. These things have popped up one by one on my page, though I am sure you haven't noticed them as nothing has cued you in to visit my page without even one new post popping up. I've been so busy with photoshop that I have not made even one post.  I maybe got a little obsessive with trying to overcome my PhotoshopAphobia, when I should have been getting a little bloggy. who knows? I really, really wanted to fancy it up a bit, though.

Most of you veteran bloggers out there, probably have no problem throwing together a fancy background, but you really have no idea how overwhelmed I was with the program. I am usually up for learning new things, but just taking the time to sit down and do it was my problem. Every time I would get into it, something would interrupt the process which would leave me to learn nothing and have to start over again! and the tools... so many and not a clue what they were for! That was oh so fun! Finally, though I decided... I was going to do it.

I think I mentioned before I joined an online scrapping site. I did this in hopes to learn the basic of Photoshop Elements 8. This is the version I purchased months ago and would barely touch. Now, I am not afraid! lol!  I was pleased with the pointers and tips I got at the website, and of course joining the subscription gives me a monthly scrapbook kit and discounts to other kits on the website. I am hoping to use these kits to do something with the thousands upon thousands of pictures I have my Mac.  I did visit several other websites, too. Some helped and some didn't. I have an entire bookmark folder full of photoshop links still to check out.

I am open to new weblinks though, if anyone has any good ones to share.  Feel free to reply with these addys. I'd be ever so grateful. As I visit some of the sites I've already found, if any are exceptionally notable I'll throw them up here to help others.  And just as soon as I get another free moment, I'll tell you a little bit about how I designed my background, where I got my graphics (noting credit where credit is do for a couple of things), and I will explain a few things I made my self. Most things were trial and error, so I won't yet be able to tell you how I actually created things step by step, but that will come in due time.

The good news is, my daughter has taken an extreme interest in what I am doing, so that will be the fun part. We'll learn together. I will be posting some of the things she creates. I know she is dying to play around with the paper doll kit I purchased & downloaded from the site I joined. More on that and the site to come, too. Check back! Have a great day 'n God Bless!

apple initials

No comments:

Post a Comment