Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh, yeah! Whoop! Whoop!

Ok... you can go right ahead and laugh at me, but I am as happy as a preschooler with her first finger-painting! lol! I have owned my copy of Photoshop Elements for a while now 'n had yet to create even one thing with it or even edit a photo.
I got inspired, I suppose (after noticing what fanciful designs some of the other bloggers have on their sites), and I decided I had to give it a try. I had already spent an hour online today just trying to find a book I could buy or a website of tips, but nothing caught my eye.
I did find an inexpensive digital scrapbook site that caught my interest, but it wasn't anything that could help me start with the basics unless I bought some tutorial software on the site.  I went into penny pinching mode 'n thought...I am going to figure this out somehow, someway!
I began! I couldn't exactly figure out how to open up what I wanted, then I opened things I didn't want, fumbled and bumbled with some of the tools, reset my toolbar, and so forth and so on. My frustration of clicking and having no clue how I messed things up did get me a little hot headed, but I finally finished my task! btw... I walked away from the computer for several hours & then came back when I was totally relaxed! It just came together! Start to finish it took me about an hour, where others it would probably take 10 mins, but hey, I am still happy with my new background for my blog! I don't think it is too terrible for someone who absolutely has no clue about PSE and doesn't even understand the purpose for some of the tools on it! lol!
Now my ten year old wants to create something! I told her let mommy figure it all out first. Sadly, I am afraid to let her go at it! Kids these days-- she'll get on here with no fear, slap something totally awesome on the screen in 10 mins flat, 'n have a masterpiece! and well... I am so not in the mood to look a fool! lol! I'll give it a week or so, and then she can show me up! :)

1 comment:

  1. hmm... just noticed. If you have a narrow screen, you may not even see my image anyway! Not sure if I like the background color I chose here on blogger, but give me time. My next attempt will be a full background! I was just thrilled I got the transparency to work so my stamp 'n apple could pop over the background. iLuv tips or freebie website links, too... if anyone wants to share! thanks!

    ReplyDelete