Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lil Mr. Sneezy

Ok...well this one has me stumped. Anyone ever heard of a cat being allergic to the outdoors? One of our cats will soon be dubbed Lil Mr. Sneezy! When put him in the yard,  he of course freaks out b/c he's not used to being outside but the crazy thing is that he starts wheezing and sneezing! so idk what to think!

The tragic story is how we came to adopt the lil thing... I turned on the dryer and heard a horrid sound. After moving everything around, grabbing a cage, and setting up a way to trap what we thought was a squirrel, I finally reached in and pulled out this tiny kitten. How in the world it managed to make it's way on my porch I haven't the foggiest b/c we have a door... slipped on unnoticed while one of us were coming in is all I can figure.  My dryer vent cover broke not real long ago, and we've yet to get a new one. Thinking nothing could get on the porch and get in, we didn't much worry about it.

Well, this little feller made his way on the porch, went in through my vent, and was completely in my dryer...and was almost killed. Luckily as quick as I heard the horrid noise, I knew something was there and we found the feller... but not before fur blew out my vent! He had a patch of hair shaved off his scalp and off each ear,  half his little nose was gone [literally!], and his lower front leg was ripped open from the joint to the paw.

Now, I am no cat person...never was...but... I felt horrible!!! I doctored and coddled him constantly even letting him sleep on my chest at night!! and prayed with my kids that he would be ok. I knew it wasn't my fault the lil guy climbed in the dryer vent, but I knew I had turned it on and off twice trying to figure out what was going on...so my doings led to his near death experience.

Well, he's a spoiled rotten little kitty now! He's all healed up, thankfully, but he still doesn't have leather on his nose. I don't think that will return. Ever so often he'll bump it and it will bleed, but all his other wounds are healed.

He's now getting big enough to go out into the world and chase the chickens, birds, and field mice! Mostly he's male...fixed or not...they spray, so he's got to go outside, but each time I take him out he goes crazy! I don't know if the wheezing and sneezing is anxiety or allergies, but it's the strangest thing I've ever seen!

So call me crazy, but I'm going to pray this little kitten gets over whatever he has so he can live a fun, full life outdoors. You might think it's a little silly to pray for a cat, but Proverbs 12:10 says "A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast." so why not... if a God tells us a righteous man regardeth the life of his beast, then God must also regard the life of all beasts...even lil sneezy ones and would be okay with us praying for it! and what would I tell my kids anyway if I said no to that.. we pray for them when they are sick! I couldn't just say... God doesn't care about that, now could I?

So...here is our little sneezy feller (including a depiction of him drawn by my 6 yr old as part of one his creative writing assignments... he's learning about pets, why we think God gave us pets, and how we are supposed to care for and love them. He'll be memorizing Proverbs 12:10, too).

~
 ~
 ~


Um... the cat or the bed... one of the two is a bit out of proportion! If he grows to be this big...well...I'm moving out! lol!

apple initials

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I am your newest follower. I was a public school teacher too and I am staying home now with my new baby. I love your blog!Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suertemom, followed you back and left you a message! :) Thanks for dropping by!
    Blessings,
    jC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello fellow bloggerista!

    That is one of the cutest kittens I've ever seen!

    If you have a spare second please stop by The Bucket Project and let us know one thing you'd like to try/do/see before you "kick the bucket". All you need to do is comment on any post and we would greatly appreciate it.

    Thank you!
    Jessi @ http://bucketproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. going there real quick like... I've been thinking of creating a bucket list myself, so I am curious! :)
    Blessings,
    jC

    ReplyDelete